This series of HTML tutorials are for those who have absolutely no experience with HTML (HyperText Markup Language) or with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). Each Tutorial includes a Video, Notes and Skeleton files. The Video focuses on learning by example and learns by doing, while it is not necessary to read the notes the notes may be helpful for those who likes written instruction.
This first tutorial “Your First Web Site: Before The Basics” discusses and demonstrates;
The four essential HTML tags to technically produce a web page.
- Tags without content will produce a blank web page.
- The Structure and Format of the four essential tags.
- The why its is good practice to include the DOCTYPE declaration on line 1
- The use of meta tags to let the browsers know what Character set that will be used and to tell the browsers that your page is scalable to the view port of any devices which may view your web page.
- A demonstration of the <h1, h2, h3> Tags and the <p> tags.
Link to notes and files used in video click here